3 1/2 cups ground ginger snap cookies
2 T sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
2 lb + 10 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean (scrape interior out and discard pod)
4 T flour
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t ground allspice
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
5 eggs (room temp)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat 10″ spring form pan with non-stick spray. Cover exterior of the pan with tinfoil.
- Combine all crust ingredients with a fork until well combined. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of pan and 1 inch up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla bean until smooth on medium low speed (using paddle attachment if available).
- Sift all dried ingredients and slowly add to mix, on low speed. Then slowly add vanilla extract, sour cream and pumpkin puree.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix on low just until incorporated. Scrape bowl, and mix on medium for 30 seconds.
- Pour filling into cooled piecrust. Place the cake in a roasting pan and pour water into pan until it reaches halfway up the cake pan.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes at 300 degrees. The center of the cake should be almost set when jiggled. Cool completely and chill for 6 hours.