1 head cauliﬂower
1 cup heavy cream
1 small onion chopped
½ stick of butter
2 qt water or vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Cut cauliﬂower into ﬂorets removing the stems and leaves and dice the onion into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in a medium soup pot over medium heat and add the onions, cooking until soft (do not brown).
- Add cauliﬂower, stock or water and heavy cream and simmer until the cauliﬂower is very soft.
- Puree in small batches in a blender and return to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
1/8 cup butter
1/8 cup trufﬂe butter
¼ loaf brioche
- Cut brioche into ¼ inch cubes.
- Melt butters together and toss with brioche, then bake brioche on baking sheet for 7
- 10 minutes at 350 degrees until brown.
- Remove and garnish soup with croutons.