1/2 cup pine nuts
1 (1-ounce package) fresh rosemary
1 (1-ounce package) fresh mint
1 (1-ounce package) fresh basil
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4 onions, white and green parts)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
6 lamb rib chops
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toast the pine nuts in a 325 degree oven or in a skillet on the stovetop shaking pan every two minutes until the nuts are golden brown. Let cool.
- Rinse and dry the rosemary, mint and basil and pull the leaves off the stems. Discard the stems.
- Place the nuts, herbs, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped, then slowly add the olive oil until a chancy paste forms. Reserve half of the paste for another use.
- Place the chops in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the paste. Massage the paste into the chops. Seal the bag and refrigerate two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a cast-iron skillet until hot.
- Sear the chops two to three minutes per side. Place the skillet in the oven four to six minutes for medium rare, six to eight minutes for medium.
- Turn on the broiler. Top the chops with the feta and broil about two minutes to melt the cheese.