This decadent recipe is worth the splurge, and is a Charleston favorite.
2 qt Heavy Cream (reduced in half)
1 lb Pasta (we use orecchiette)
1 cup Pepper Jack (hand grated)
1 cup Aged Cheddar (hand grated)
1 cup Fontina (hand grated)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (hand grated)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
For Final Cooking:
1/2 cup Pepper Jack (hand grated)
1/2 cup Aged Cheddar (hand grated)
1/2cup Fontina (hand grated)
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (hand grated) Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Reduce cream slowly by half in medium size sauce pan.
- Cook the pasta in salted water el dente. Cool down rapidly in cold water then drain all excess water. Coat the pasta lightly in Olive Oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Grate all cheeses by hand keeping them separate. Pre-bought grated cheese tends to have corn starch added and will change the texture.
- Add cheeses (save for ﬁnal cooking) into reduced cream over low heat until fully melted. Set aside off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the "ﬁnal cooking" cheese, pasta and cheese sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and mix well without breaking up the pasta.
- Add ﬁnal ingredients to a casserole pan and bake at 375 degrees until lightly brown on top.