Take a peek inside our Top 5 considerations for more effective networking. You can never have too many of these tips!
1. Know your networking style and tailor opportunities to your personal strengths. For example, if you’re more introverted, a structured, intimate lunch group may be a better fit.
2. Target your objectives. Know what your goals are and identify the opportunities that will help you reach those goals. Consider professional, social and volunteer opportunities.
3. Remember: “how can I help you?” When you enter a situation with the goal of fulfilling another's need - with an honest desire to be of service - you build relationships instead of contacts.
4. Don't Start from Scratch. Make a list of your existing network to help build your strategic networking opportunities.
5. Stay Organized. Follow up with new contacts in 1 day, 1 week and then 1 month and remember #3; it doesn’t need to be a sales call, it could be an article or an invitation that would be helpful to them.