Brides: Changing Your Name

Posted in Bride

Brides: Changing Your Name

Follow these steps to make it easy to change your last name after your wedding:

❑ With your marriage certificate and ID, complete and return an Application for a Social Security Card or by calling the Social Security Administration's free automated system: 800.772.1213 to obtain a form.

❑ Visit the DMV and bring at least two forms of identification and your original marriage certificate.

❑ With your new SS card and driver's license, changing everything else is relatively easy.

❑ Notify: Co-workers; friends and family; bank; if you get a bill from them, notify them: credit card, utilities, magazines, etc; post office; voter registration; passport. 

Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment. Optional login below.